UNSTRAP YOURSELF

I decided to take the plundge, and see what a blog could do to help me link a series of thoughts together and research a way into the growing necessity for truth. By adding Unstrapped to the blog culture, I hope to share a perspective that will lead us to question our attachments which create a desire to own that which we idolize. I also want to bring up political and social diconnectivity. What are the issues we face today that mould us into who we are ideologically? Can we review our outlook? Can we learn to perceive in other ways? Is it possible to live a complete and simple life, and give others the respect of individualism? Through spoken word, rhyme, art, simply you, and prose- I invite readers to contribute their own stories and experiences. Is the weight of the world and it's incongruances in your head? Are you feeling tied down to someone or something? Are you feeling devoid of a sense of independence? Are you free, and want to share the freedom virus? Can you let go of your attachments and join a truly unstrapped world? More importantly, can you be real and true to yourself? If we can express ourselves freely, we can help each other come to a place of ease. Use this blog as a peaceful sanctuary where you can find a place to clear your mind and discover a refreshing new way to live! Through your interest here, we can get together and make this happen! The point? Spread this around like FIYA! Wear it with a smile that melts the layers away from the strapped. Let's talk about things that don't connect!







Tuesday, April 19, 2011

NOW & THEN

NOW & THEN
It’s a cold night,
and I have warm water to drowse me into a melancholious drift of wonder,
and I sift through my mind,
only to find a basket woven with deep entwined threads.
What is my purpose?
Questions that enthrall only the most wondering of souls,
but, I will smoke bowls and know that rhyme has no time to figure me out.
Why?
Expect not to expect…
only for a moment I spoke to soon,
thought I knew the answer to it all… how small.
THEN, a single conflict seemed the world to me, that is,
NOW, I can float and feel not an answer, but a moment, a whiz has passed me by.
And, to place so much care? Why?
 To find the answer, one must live each moment as though perhaps a fish in a bowl.
It’s the now that I seek,
and with each now a goldfish keeps swimming not afraid of the word next, or, then.
Yet, somehow,
take away the water,
and the fish has become human gasping for the last breath I just wasted a foul word on!
His metamorphosis has spun round and still had not found the answer I was looking for.
Simple is the name, cuz really,
it’s all the same.
Stress is a cancer that blew the mind over the top!
So why not let your madness stop?
Let your natural body bloom,
 cuz you can’t assume that your body has a single bud waiting for its spring of health
when all you feed yourself is a sickness waiting to occur.
 And you’ve heard, I’m sure, the old cliché,
mind-body-soul are one, uniform,
maybe it’s true. It may sound like old news, but it’s there and you have seen the deterioration of your
elders. Just take a good look. There is something to be learned. And now this meeting is adjourned.
©
><)))*>...fishin food for thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment